Darby Creek Trail Run – July 13
The Most Inspiring Run in America
3 Easy Race Options
1) Sign up as an individual runner/walker.¬†Register…¬†train… spread the word… show up on July 13.
2) Start a team
3) Join an existing team¬†
- Two different courses designed to match level of runners¬†| 10K and 5K
- Chip timing provided by the Columbus Running Company Charity Fund
- Top finishers for multiple male and female age divisions will receive prizes
- Team participation prizes
- After race refreshments
- After race party with food, libations, contests and live music
- Beginner and Intermediate course: 5K – flat, wide open trail through the park’s bison preserve area.
- Experienced course: 10K – mixed terrain trails, several hills, runs through various areas of the park and along the river.¬†Ends with an intense stair climb!¬†(sorry)
- Read the 10K course description from 11 Athletics who ran the course last year:¬†click here
Battelle Darby Creek Park
1775 Darby Creek Drive, Galloway, OH 43119
Cedar Ridge Picnic Area (main entrance)
Directions: From I-270 take W Broad St (US 40)¬†exit west. Go about 5 miles on Broad¬†St to Darby Creek Dr. Turn left onto¬†Darby Creek Dr and go 3 miles to¬†main park entrance on right (Cedar RIdge).
- 7:30am Race Day Registration
- 9:00am Race Start
- 12pm to 3pm after party at King Avenue 5 (Grandview, OH…¬†945 King Ave¬†¬†Columbus, OH 43212)
- $25 individual runner
- $35 race day registration
The price has been discounted from last year to allow for optional race shirts for an additional $10.
Shirts and race bibs will be handed out the morning of the event. Race dage registration begins at 7:30am.
FLIP (fight, live,¬†inspire, prevent) is a movement dedicated to making an impact by increasing¬†cancer prevention awareness,¬†reinforcing education and inspiring action. The Darby Creek Trail Run is designed to¬†inspire¬†you and to help you inspire others! FLIP’s 2012 trail run was voted,¬†“most inspiring and beautiful run in America”¬†-¬†my mom.
We’ve¬†poured our passion into this run to ensure every aspect of the event inspires:
The location:¬†We wanted our run to be unique¬†(without throwing paint on you),¬†so we chose a trail run set in the beautiful woods of Darby Creek. The courses run through lush forest, along a scenic river and through the park‚Äôs bison preserve. It‚Äôs kind of impossible not to feel inspired in this setting.
The team page¬†offers you an interactive way to share your team or individual story. Why do you run? Who do you want to inspire? Why do you want to prevent cancer? Who do you want to fight cancer for?¬†Share your story and INSPIRE!
Team prizes awarded¬†based on several¬†‚Äúmost inspiring‚ÄĚ¬†categories. Our goal is to encourage you to inspire as many people as possible with your personal story and to have a lot of fun doing it!¬†(Here are a few categories: most team members; most inspiring team page; highest fundraisers; and we are bringing back the costume competition).Last year we gave away¬†over $3,000 in prizes,¬†including: vacation packages; new bike gift card; restaurant gift certificates; and sports tickets.¬†(Not bad for our first event!)